The position of Mars and Venus is very important in judging marital relations. Mars governs fire and when badly placed, it extinguishes the marital fire very soon. Such a situation goes under the name of Kuja or Mangal Dosha - Mars’s curse.
It must be said that in determining marriage compatibility between two persons there are several factors of much more importance than Kuja Dosha alone. The complications arising from badly posited Mars is only one of many elements that ruin a marriage.
Kerala Shastra, a venerable treatise on Vedic astrology mentions Kuja Dosha to be present when Mars occupies 2nd, 4th, 7th ,8th and 12th houses. Such a Mars according to the Shastra is capable of killing the other partner.
The Lagna(ascendant) represents body, the Moon mind and Venus sexual relations. Therefore ideally Kuja Dosha should be reckoned from all three.
The second house represents family; the twelfth represents comforts of the bed and fourth rules over Sukha or happiness of home. The 7th represents the husband or wife and 8th the longevity of the spouse. The placement or influence of Mars on these houses is therefore considered to produce this Dosha. There are of course many good planetary combinations, which assure marital happiness, and an undue importance need not be given to Kuja Dosh.
Exceptions and stipulations
- Mars in 2nd house is bad provided it is occupied by a Sign other than Gemini or Virgo.
- Mars dosha due placement of Mars in the 12th house is cancelled provided that the sign occupying the 12th house is other than Taurus or Libra.
- Mars dosha due placement of Mars in the 4th house is cancelled provided that the sign occupying the 4th house is other than Taurus or Libra.
- For the 7th house exceptions are Capricorn and Cancer.
- For the 8th the exceptions are are Sagittarius and Pisces.
- The Dosha is counteracted by the conjunction of Mars and Jupiter, Mars and Moon and by the presence of Venus or Jupiter in the Lagna (ascendant).
- If in the other chart Saturn is in 1,4,7,8,12 houses Kuja Dosha is cancelled.
- If any strong malefic planet (Saturn or Mars) is in the same house of the female chart in which Mars is placed in the Male chart, Then Kuja Dosha is cancelled.
- If the Rasi lords are friends, Gunas are similar and are above 30, Kuja Dosha becomes ineffective.
Bouquets and brickbats are welcome. Please send your suggestions also at firstname.lastname@example.org
This article is copyright protected and can not be reproduced in any form without author's pemission.